*.* About her*.*

Name: Princess Angie
Birthday: 8th Sep 1983


*.* Previous Posts *.*

*.* My Friends *.*

~Yinmeimei~
~friend~
~friend~
~friend~

*.* Her Past, her words, her memories *.*

Melodies

Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Saturday, June 21, 2008

*.* Market, Parents & $ *.*

Back from the wet market, total damage : $91.50

Yong Dao Fu -$18.9
1. Mixed Yong dao fu-$3
2. Siew Mai-$7
3. Marinated Chicken Feet for mum-$5.9
4. Meatball -$4

Fresh Chicken-$19
1. Wings -$8.50
2. Thighs-$4
3. Breast-$6.50

Fish -$49
1. Pomfret-$16
2. Prawns-$17
3. 2 other fishes- $16

Vegetables-$4.60
1. Lotus-$3.40
2. Winter melon-$1.20

Weekly groceries excluding fruits, cooking veg and dried groceries...**

Sometimes you wonder how much it is to actually run a household, oh ya plus my maid's salary of $340...it's so hard to buy, cant everyone likes the same type food...?
Dad always say I don't contribute enough to household, think he doesnt realise how all these small little items can sum up so much,I contribute to Jeslyn's piano lesson ($80), Maid's salary ($340), Brothers HP bill ($100+), plus all the groceries...

Mum said that Dad's mentality is still very tradtional, he likes to see me giving them money because that's tangible and what happens what I give him money, he just leave it there and said this is for my wedding next time...hahaha...Though they might say I don't contribute enough, but in their heart, they are happy that I am in fact contributing. (Comforting to know when my aunt told me that last Sunday, my parents told them I contribute to household and I gave them $XXXX during CNY)..

Last Sunday the adults started talking aboout their children, could see tears in my aunt's eyes...she told her daughter that she has to give her money but none till now, 1 year after graduation, must be hurting , considering that my aunt gave her daughter 100k to apply for PR in Aus...sigh...

It's not about how much but the gesture, my parents told me before, they are not after our money, what is our mingle money to them but it's a form of gesture to give them money, no matter how much we give them, we cant never repay $ they have invested on us....it's pleasing to them , a kind of assurance that we'll not abandon them when they are old....parents still have to contribute when their children get married, gotta give dowry...Now I understood why in the olden days when daughters are married off, their parents will give them jewelleries, it's a form of security, in case their daughters are mistreated, it's always good to have some money with them...

Can you hear me? @ | Saturday, June 21, 2008