It’s the once a year Moon cake Festival next Sunday. I’m a fan of moon cakes, forget about those fusion, alcoholic sort, I still prefer traditional mooncakes with Lotus paste filling. I love bin pi (snow skin) with white lotus paste ^_^ Yummmmm
Accompanied mummy to
Gin Thye Cake Maker, located along Sembawang Road (next to Ginza Pub), she gets mooncakes from GT every year, reason being, it’s fresh, occasionally you’ll even get to buy warm moon cakes.
Looking around the interior, I noticed many of those huge traditional wedding basket for putting xi bing (wedding biscuits) on the shelves, but what caught my eyes were the wedding baskets but miniature size. Quite a nice item to place my jewelleries…..started checking out the prices…$9 for the bigger ones probably about 20cm tall, $16 for the smaller ones, the smaller it is, the more expensive. I’m definitely going to head back and buy the basket, miniature ones of coz, Sam will get me the big ones next time. haha

On the way home, I asked mummy if this is a traditional teochew cake shop, she said yes, those baskets are for rental during weddings. I rem Sam’s mum telling me that Teochew have XI BING. Mum’s funny…she said…tell Sam’s mum don’t worry, we have a teochew cake shop here, she’ll take care of in when it’s time…She had it too when she got married. If there's grandparents around, they'll get the biggest cake...Sounds like it’s a must for me to have it next time..HAHAHAHAHAAH…….
Do youngsters still distribute wedding cakes these days?

Gin Thye peanut cakes, dao sa pia are all yum yum

PS.If you are reading this, this piggy is for you!